Foot with a sprained ankle suffers you a lot. Taking some precautions will help you to keep this bad foot pain away. Using the best shoes to wear with a sprained ankle is one of them. Wearing supportive and comfortable shoes will reduce the chance to increase or develop your pain.
In this writing, we are looking forward to reviewing the top most shoes that you can wear with a sprained ankle. With the plethora of friendly features, hopefully, you will find out the best shoe that can suit you most. Let’s get started!
Best Shoes to Wear With a Sprained Ankle
1. ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 18 Running Shoe
Who are looking for the best shoes for sprained ankles, ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 18 Running Shoe can be the first choice of them. This great shoe from Asics comes with some innovative technology like ASICS FluidFit upper technology, bounce back capability, and so on. Let’s dive into the details.
The shoe made with ASICS FluidFit upper technology. It combines multi-directional stretch mesh along with stretch reinforcements. This 100% synthetic shoe helps for creating a truly as well as customized glove-like fit. The FluidRide delivers the ultimate bounce back.
Additionally, the Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems minimize your shock. A perfect heel counter provides enhanced heel support through its seamless construction.
- Construct with ASICS FluidFit upper technology for multi-directional stretch
- stretch reinforcements help to adapt a truly customized fit
- FluidRide gives ultimate combination bounce back
- cushioning properties tends to reduce weight and pressure
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems reduce shock
- Price is high
- Sole isn’t durable
2. New Balance Women’s 1080v9 Fresh Foam Running Shoe
If you are searching for the best shoes for sprained ankles, most of the time, you would find a shoe from New Balance. It is because of their highly responsive shoes with excellent comfort. This New Balance Women’s 1080v9 Fresh Foam Running Shoe is a great shoe for defective feet. Like those who have a bad foot, injuries will get this shoe more comfortable.
It built with Ultra Heel and Bootie Construction. For the runners or the workers, this shoe will provide the best heel support. Additionally, it features engineered Mesh with No-Sew material application. The fresh foam locks your comfort-in.
With 8 MM drop as well as ortholite sock liner, this New Balance shoe is good to get relief from foot pain. It presents a new meaning of footwear.
- Made of textile material along with durable rubber sole
- Design with Ultra Heel and Bootie Construction
- Features engineered Mesh with No-Sew material application
- Fresh foam provides comfort and softness
- 8 MM drop and ortholite sock liner are perfect for foot relief
- Not for walking
- Runs half size narrow
3. Skechers Women’s Go Walk Joy Walking Shoe
Basically, Skechers Women’s Go Walk Joy Walking Shoe is a walking shoe. But due to its comfort and support, it would be a good shoe for any kind of movement. With a full joy of movement, this Skechers Women’s Go Walk Joy Walking Shoe will let you enjoy your life. Though you have pain or injury, you might forget it for a while.
Skechers Go Walk Joy Walking Shoe made of textile. It features a synthetic sole for better grip. It is very lightweight and flexible also. Along with innovative, responsive 5Gen cushioning, it would become one of the best shoes for ankle injury. Besides, it has Skechers Goga Max high rebound insole for inner comfort.
The breathable mesh upper and soft fabric lining will give you an advanced walking experience.
- Made of textile, lightweight and very flexible
- Constructed using Responsive 5Gen cushioning
- Features Skechers Goga Max high rebound insole for inner comfort
- Breathable mesh upper and soft fabric lining able to give the right cushion
- Parametric cushioned 5Gen midsole adds more comfort
- Run little large
- Minimum arch support
4. New Balance Men’s 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer Shoe
Here is another shoe from New Balance. This New Balance Men’s 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer Shoe is humanmade. It is a good option for gyms, hiking, running, or any responsive work. With bad foot pain, this shoe seems very much cushioning and rigid in support.
New Balance Men’s 608v5 features dual density collar foam. It offers the best comfort. Along with light movement, this shoe has an Injection Molded EVA outsole. It offers extreme support infrequent movement. The internal shank, as well as PU, also insert responsible for support.
The Slip-Resistant AB5 Black Colorway makes these shoes as the best shoes for ankle injury. It can enhance your all-day comfort. With a larger absorb heel crash pad AND durable molded PU insert, it will help you to get relief.
- Comes with Dual Density Collar Foam for maximum comfort
- Injection Molded EVA outsole is awesome for balance landing
- Internal Shank and PU insert lock your step in proper support
- Features the unique Slip Resistant AB5 Black Colorway
- Helps to absorb shock with the heel crash pad
- Narrow toe box
- Not so colorful
5. New Balance Men’s 1080v9 Fresh Foam Running Shoe
New Balance updates this edition with some data from their real customers. They take feedback from their customers and survey them about their products. This New Balance Men’s 1080v9 Fresh Foam Running Shoe is an updated version. This textile shoe offers unmatched comfort via a full-length Fresh Foam midsole.
This shoe presents in a premium and soft double jacquard upper. With the Ultra Heel and Bootie Construction, it is preferable for various types of injuries. It features Engineered Mesh along with No-Sew material application. The 8 mm drop, and ortholite sock liner helps you to relax.
- seamless comfort delivered with a full-length Fresh Foam midsole
- Made with a premium double jacquard upper
- Construct with Ultra Heel and comfortable Bootie Construction
- Engineered Mesh with No-Sew material application
- 8 MM Drop and Ortholite Sockliner make it a medical product
- Not a speedy shoe
- Price is high
6. Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Cross Trainer
Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Cross Trainer is another one of the best shoes for ankle pain. With their new devotion line and excellent user-friendly designs, it is a great choice for ankle pain sufferers. Though Ryka isn’t a popular brand, they offer some special shoes to their customers.
Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Cross Trainer features a lace-up closure to allow customized feet. Featuring a rubber sole, it provides proper flexibility with your pain. The outsole comes with a pivot point. It makes you go with all smooth rotational movements. A re-zorb midsole cheers up your life with amazing support.
- Lace-up closure type gives a proper and customized fit
- pivot point makes your step easy with smooth rotational movements.
- Each pod reacts independently to allow flexible movement reaction
- The devotion XT continues your comfort with mobility
- re-zorb midsole drop in helps to get proper support
- Run narrow
- Not so durable
7. Hoka One One Men’s Bondi 5 Running Shoe
Now we review a shoe which is very popular among runners, athletes and so on. This Hoka One One Men’s Bondi 5 Running Shoe designed to run on hard or artificial surfaces. This synthetic running shoe is multi-colored also. If you are looking for a stylish shoe, you should definitely pick this one.
Hoka One One Men’s Bondi 5 features round-toe. Most of the ankle pain sufferers like this feature. It offers you exceptional comfort that you just get enough grip to move easily. Featuring improved tip, breathability as well as compression properties, these shoes can be the best shoes for ankle pain.
Besides, it helps to create a smooth and balanced stroke. The curved sole meets the demand for flexible moving. To release warm air, it has a breathable mesh upper.
- made with a ComfortFrame upper as well as a soft padded tongue
- the EVA midsole and curved sole profile ensures the cushion
- back of the foot get optimal comfort
- breathable mesh upper makes it comfy, light and supreme
- allows proper cool airflow to release warm air out
- Too much costly
- Little bit heavy
8. Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot
Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot is an ideal shoe for hiking or short weekend trips. The Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot is made of soft and breathable material. With a plethora of features, it comes to friendly products for those who are suffering from sprinkle ankles.
Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX features Vibram sole. It comes with a corded lace-up vamp. The padded tongue and collar deliver a proper cushion. Along with waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex membrane, it allows wet usages. The breathable Climate Control footbed is amazing.
If you want to hike with your foot pain, this one is good for you. But our suggestion is, don’t go on any trip with any type of foot pain. It will cause you serious injuries further.
- Leather hiking boot, designed with corded lace-up vamp
- speed-lacing grommets at the top allow speed movement
- features waterproof as well as breathable Gore-Tex membrane
- extremely supportive with the breathable Climate Control footbed
- Full-length nylon stabilizing shank help for getting stability
- Not a wide toed boot
- Too costly
9. Clarks Men’s Bushacre Hill Chelsea Boot
Looking for a stylish and smart boot? This Clarks Men’s Bushacre Hill Chelsea Boot is very much preferable. Most of the time, customers like this product by its attractive look and seamless comfort. This boot made of synthetic material. The rubber sole gives the right grip and support.
Clarks Men’s Bushacre has a shaft that measures approximately ankle to high from arch. The heel measurement is approximately 1 inch from the ground. It is a perfect height for a boot. Thus, it supports your ankle by wrapping it properly.
These best shoes to support ankles have some comfort features. It features stretch-Gore Entry for easy put-on, durable rubber outsole for flexibility and smooth Textile Lining for breathability. The premium leather, it creates an amazing smart look.
- Heel height is approximately .99 inches from the ground
- Comes with comfortable features like Stretch-Gore Entry
- durable rubber outsole delivers adequate support and grip
- Smooth Textile Lining allows proper air circulation to release heat
- Premium leather keeps your feet safe and comfortable
- Limited color edition
- Size may vary
10. Skechers Men’s Segment Melego Leather Chukka Waterproof Boot
These are our last best shoes to support ankles. It is from Skechers. This Skechers Men’s Segment Melego Leather Chukka Waterproof Boot is a leather boot. For your life and comfortable lifestyle, it comes forward with some amazing qualities.
To expand your comfort, it comes with the Relaxed Fit Segment, which is Melego by SKECHERS. The smooth oiled leather upper of this boot is waterproof. So, it allows for wet movements. With the lace-up closure, it offers a relaxed, roomy, and comfortable fit.
The Gel Infused Memory Foam cushioned comfort insole takes care of your inner. The shock-absorbing supportive midsole reduces shock during critical movements. Finally, the flexible rubber high traction outsole offers amazing traction to protect you.
- Comes with a Relaxed Fit Segment like Melego by SKECHERS
- Smooth oiled leather upper is waterproof.
- Lace-up closure gives a relaxed and roomy fit
- Soft fabric lining and Gel Infused Memory Foam lock comfort
- Shock absorbing supportive midsole release yourself during shock
- Not so attractive
- Not for long shifts
Frequently Asked Questions
What Shoes Should I Wear With a Sprained Ankle?
Ans: you should wear high responsive and supportive shoes if you have a sprained ankle. The shoes that can help to extend up your ankle for your regular activities are preferable. Additionally, you should wear an ankle brace or support to get adequate support. You also can wrap or tape your ankle to get proper support.
What Are the Best Shoes for Ankle Support?
Ans: Getting the best ankle support, you can pick ASICS Gel Nimbus 18 Running Shoe, Saucony ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoe, Under Armour Men’s Lockdown, New Balance Fresh Foam 1080v7, Brooks Addiction Overpronation Stability Cushion Shoe. All of them specially designed for best ankle support.
Should You Keep Your Shoe on If You Sprain Your Ankle?
Ans: NO! A common misconception here lies. Most of the sufferers think that they should leave their shoes to minimize swelling. But the fact is, this actually causes more damage to your foot. Just right after the injury occurs, you should remove your shoe and use ice or cold water to reduce your pain.
What Should You Wear to a Sprained Ankle?
Ans: Whether you have an ankle sprain or any kind of foot problem, you should wear supportive shoes. Wearing supportive shoes help to prevent your foot from various types of injuries. You might also find it very helpful to wear braces when you are playing sports, exercising or running.
The best shoes to wear with a sprained ankle aren’t so much easy to choose. With the help of experts or doctors, you should collect these types of shoes. With our expert’s recommendations, hopefully, you will get the right pair of shoes and get relaxed footwear.
Table of Contents
- Best Shoes to Wear With a Sprained Ankle
- 1. ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 18 Running Shoe
- 2. New Balance Women’s 1080v9 Fresh Foam Running Shoe
- 3. Skechers Women’s Go Walk Joy Walking Shoe
- 4. New Balance Men’s 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer Shoe
- 5. New Balance Men’s 1080v9 Fresh Foam Running Shoe
- 6. Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Cross Trainer
- 7. Hoka One One Men’s Bondi 5 Running Shoe
- 8. Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot
- 9. Clarks Men’s Bushacre Hill Chelsea Boot
- 10. Skechers Men’s Segment Melego Leather Chukka Waterproof Boot
- Frequently Asked Questions