It is widely accepted that supination is one of the most annoying situations for people who suffer from it. The common cause could be neurological problems caused by birth and the results are reduced movement and difficulty in performing a certain movement with your legs while walking or running.
It is obvious that people who suffer from supination are obliged to use certain orthotics that are prescribed by doctors. Most of the times they need to wear special shoes that could support their feet in a way that enables them to perform sports activities like running.
Today we will examine the best running shoes for supination and check all their pros and cons so that you can decide which one is better for your own condition. The latest years many different designs and colors have been presented by shoe companies and no one could complain about the absence of diversity in the footwear.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Running Shoes for Supination
1. ASICS GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
Once again Asics footwear company presents one pair of shoes that are considered to be one of the best running shoes for overpronation. The unique characteristics of the Venture running shoes of Asics give people with supination and other gait problems the chance to feel better while running.
Using innovative materials to manufacture these shoes, women could easily find the one that fits them the most. The lacing system remains basic but still can give significant levels of safety to the user. The insoles are interchangeable and make the difference for people who deal with supination.
- 100% Synthetic and comfortable
- GEL Cushioning System for high cushioning
- Removable sock liner
- Trail-specific outsole
- High abrasion rubber sole
- The mash upper may fall apart
- Little bit narrow
2. Nike Dual Fusion Run 3 Running Shoe
The world leader in specialized athletic footwear, Nike, is presenting the Deal Fusion run model for men which ranks high in the best running shoes for supination list.
The famous shoe company gives directives to use only ecological material while creating its shoes on a global basis. The design continues to be a pioneer and the Air-Max system that inflates the insole with adequate portions of air is among the Nike innovations that have survived through the years.
- Synthetic and imported
- Excellent running shoes with update features
- They are very comfortable and supportable
- Nice looking and stylish
- Maximum number of color available
- The midsole is a little bit narrow reviewed by some runners
- May feel tight which have wide feet
3. Nike Air Zoom Vomero 13 Running Shoe
Once again Nike makes the difference among the various running shoes for women. The stylish sneakers of the Air Zoom Vomero series are listed among the best women’s running shoes for supination and can significantly improve the gait and running patterns of women running with supination issues.
Made out of quality fabric can make the inner layers of the shoe better breathable and easily washable. The great variety of colours makes the customization an easy task. Not to mention that the firm bonding of the outsole to the rest of the shoe offers a strong attachment to the ground for women who are struggling to run.
- Synthetic sole
- Breathable upper
- They are most comfortable for running
- Highly cushioning and responsive
- The outsole’s traction is excellent
- They are lightweight
- The forefoot of the shoe may feel a bit narrow
No products found.
4. Brooks Ghost 12
Brooks has finally managed to attract the attention of the worldwide community with this new pair of shoes that stands out for its comfort and unique style. They are among the best shoes for supination that are available on the market.
They have extra cushioning especially near the upper mesh and the ankle giving extra support to the feet. Stars and stripes shape is a great benefit of these shoe styling. The in-shoe is made of soft fabric that increases breathability. The forefoot materials are made of soft blown rubber which adds on to the agility and flexibility of the user.
- Neutral and comfortable for supination
- Supportive outsole
- Better fit and breathable
- High arch support
- Lightweight and smooth than previous version
- Not so responsive as expected
- Made with less reflective material
5. Saucony Cohesion 11 Running Shoe
This is a newcomer in the list of the men’s running shoes for supination that makes a difference among all other series of the company. Saucony finally succeeded in creating a vital pair of shoes that can compete directly with other brand names serving people with feet deformities and gait abnormalities.
The shoes are following the biomechanics of the foot in all aspects of movement they perform while running. The grid is an outer shelter for the shoe to remain fashionable and reduce its weight. In addition, the first sole-based stability and cushioning system are posing new standards in user’s comfort and well-being.
- Full of textile and Synthetic
- Grid supportive cushioning and breathable
- Perfect toe box size
- Durable and stable rubber outsole
- Supportive mesh upper
- They are not perfect for high mileage training
- Lack of arch support
6. Saucony Cohesion 10 Running Shoe
Now let’s introduce the Saucony Cohesion 10 series that list high in the ranking of the best running shoes for supination across the world. This experienced manufacturer managed to combine style and usefulness together in an affordable pair of shoes that are capable to support people with supination issues.
Characterized by enhanced cushioning and extra outsole stability this is the shoe to run long distances with extra comfort. The midsole has a foamy material to take the shape of the user’s feet so that any supination problems could be easily overpassed. Not to mention that the style of the shoes remains unbeatable.
- 100% Mesh and imported
- Injection Molded EVA
- The heel grid system provides stable cushioning
- Mesh upper for breathability
- Added plush tongue and collar
- Size may vary
- They don’t perform best in all conditions
7. Brooks Ghost 9
Another really innovative pair of shoes offered by Brooks exclusively for women who have feet abnormalities and want to participate in running races. They are considered to be among the best women’s running shoes for supination and make a difference in the way women exercise daily.
The outer plastic layers of the shoe give it a new dynamic shape that keeps the energy on the feet. The outsole keeps on being strong and solid even when the temperature rises, enhancing the grip and the traction of the user.
Finally, the lacing system even though basic, incorporates in the upper mesh and tongue giving it a sense of security to the user. The forefoot is covered by quality rubber and gives extra space for the fingers that keep stability and speed at unprecedented levels.
- Supportive and very breathable
- Lightweight and flexible design
- Smoother ride feeling to use
- The mesh upper provides comfort
- The midsole provides better cushioning
- Minimal color variety
- Durability issues
8. ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
An immense innovation by Asics the world leader in running shoes for men. The Asics Gel Venture can help people to achieve their training goals with minimal effect on their foot ache.
The shoes have absolute comfort engaging a new rearfoot gel technology cushioning system that absorbs all the pressure from the shock in the impact phase while running. The removable sockliner is helpful since people with supination problems can easily add orthotics.
A redesigned outsole is trail-specific with reverse lugs which provide extra uphill and downhill traction at all terrains. The outsole durability remains legendary.
- Removable Sock Liner
- Trail Specific perfect Outsole
- High Abrasion rubber for durability
- The price is affordable
- They provide excellent traction and support
- The shoe isn’t too lightweight
- The responsiveness is not fit
9. Adidas Edge Lux W Running Shoe
Virtually one of the most fashionable shoes for women that Adidas has ever presented to the public. Still being one of the best shoes for overpronation this pair of shoes have been given extra attention to match all the needs of women who wish to run albeit they suffer from feet deformities.
Their shape is dynamic to facilitate the flow of air and make the effort of the user a lot easier. The midsole is made of special material that takes the shape of the user’s feet so that extensive training could be easily performed.
The lacing technology makes it easier to put on the shoes and keep them attached to your feet since the new shoelaces that consist of thicker straps are keeping the upper mesh and tongue close to the feet at any time.
- 100% of textile and imported
- Breathable upper
- More comfortable
- The design is unique
- Abrasion resistant outsole perfect for women’s
- They are not suitable for high mileage shoe
- May runs large
10. Mizuno Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe
Here comes the Mizuno revolutionary pair of shoes for men with feet abnormalities and gait issues. These series are among the best running shoes for underpronation which could be hard for people that want to run long distances.
Mizuno has applied all its science to create this pair of shoes. There is a Breath Thermo line of clothing that enhances the airflow through the inner shoe and makes it possible to run for long hours.
The forefoot has extra rubber protection so that it doesn’t wear off after some intense use. The outsole remains intact and waterproof which is essential for outdoor activities. The upper mesh and the lacing mechanism are clear enough and could ensure the stabilization of the user under any training conditions, no matter how harsh they are.
- 100% Synthetic and Mesh upper
- Heat bonded forefoot overlays
- The heel counter is a secure fit
- Wave midsole for comfort
- They are smooth and lightweight
- Minimal number of color option
- The toe box is narrow
11. Salomon Speedcross 4 Trail Sneaker
Another great shoe manufacturer like Salomon has made an improvement in women running shoes. The Speedcross series are considered to belong to the best running shoes for supination list for a variety of reasons.
First, they are made using CONSTAGRIP technology that makes it easier to run in rough terrains. Then they have a Quicklace system that makes it easy to put on the shoes and attach them firmly to your feet. In addition, the SensiFit technology makes enough space inside the shoe for the feet of people suffering from feet deformities.
Salomon has created a unique series of shoes that stand out for its shape and style. Women will find it hard to abandon these shoes even when training has been finished.
- Anti-Debris Mesh upper
- Water Resistant and comfortable
- Provide high arch support
- EVA shaped footbed to provide comfort
- They provide enough protection
- Little narrow in the toe box
- The shoe is expensive
12. Adidas Ultra Boost Running Shoe
This time Adidas has surpassed itself in creating the most competent athletic shoe of all ages, adequate for special groups as well. The new series has already made it to the men’s running shoes for supination list that is one of the most demanding categories worldwide.
It offers extra stability to the user due to its solid surface outsole that stays intact even after long hours of use. The quality fabric that makes the outer part of the show is ensuring the breathability and the sense of comfort for the user.
A new technology heel protection is applied for users that run while having supination issues and ensures that pressure could be easily spread to the whole feet rather than the heel itself.
- Full of textile and synthetic
- Textile upper
- Flexible outsole
- Responsive Boost midsole
- Lightweight and adaptive
- They are lightweight
- The price of the shoe is too high
- Have lack in the lace up system
13. New Balance Fresh Foam 1080v7 Running Shoe
Now that New Balance has presented the new series to the public it is more than evident that it will thrive in the athletic shoe market. This pair of shoes that are suited for women with feet deformities are good running shoes for supination which is a very demanding title to hold and keep.
Style and fashion are among the best parts of this pair of shoes and are apparent even from the first sight. The midfoot support remains legendary and makes it easier for the user to run long distances.
The midsole has been made of special foamy material that embraces the shape of the foot giving it enough space to move while running which is of crucial importance for the comfort of the user.
- 100% Synthetic and imported
- Rubber sole
- Removable insole
- The natural wide toe box
- They are comfortable and flexible
- The coverage is a little bit tight
- The sole unit can broke after 2 months of use
14. Under Armour Micro G Assert 7 Sneaker
This is a not so well-known brand that keeps on creating high-quality sneakers that match all individual and special audiences across the world. This series has the ambition to enter the best shoes for supination market and make it easier to be sold for people who suffer from foot abnormalities.
The solid structure of the feet is a benefit especially for men who would prefer a simpler appearance while training. The traditional lacing system makes it easier to bend the shoes to the feet and keep the stable there.
The outsole is made of quality material that makes the grip a lot easier no matter what the quality of the road.
- 100% textile and synthetic
- High arch support
- Lightweight mesh upper to provide breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability
- EVA sock liner to provide comfort feel
- Micro G foam midsole for durability
- The toe box and heel of the shoe may feel tight
- Size may vary for small feet
15. Hoka Bondi 6 Running Shoes
Last but not least the new proposal from HOKA company that has made its entrance in athletic footwear loud the past years. These series are counted for the best running shoes for supination available on the market alongside their competitors.
Their premium quality of the insole makes it easy to wear for long distances. The outsole remains solid even after months of intense use. The tongue and upper mesh are made of quality materials that absorb heat and sweat from the feet. They also create extra space for people with foot deformities.
- EVA Midsole
- Breathable Mesh Upper
- They are cool and dry
- Highly arch support and durable
- Size may vary
- The price isn’t affordable
List of 15 Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
Anyway, You have finished this guide, and you are now ready to take a pair of shoes. It was not difficult for me to find the perfect fit shoe for the best running shoes for supination. I can highly recommend the above-selected shoes and I have personally tried out most of them.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks
- 15 Best Running Shoes for Supination
- 1. ASICS GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
- 2. Nike Dual Fusion Run 3 Running Shoe
- 3. Nike Air Zoom Vomero 13 Running Shoe
- 4. Brooks Ghost 12
- 5. Saucony Cohesion 11 Running Shoe
- 6. Saucony Cohesion 10 Running Shoe
- 7. Brooks Ghost 9
- 8. ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
- 9. Adidas Edge Lux W Running Shoe
- 10. Mizuno Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe
- 11. Salomon Speedcross 4 Trail Sneaker
- 12. Adidas Ultra Boost Running Shoe
- 13. New Balance Fresh Foam 1080v7 Running Shoe
- 14. Under Armour Micro G Assert 7 Sneaker
- 15. Hoka Bondi 6 Running Shoes
- List of 15 Best Running Shoes for Overpronation